Friday, December 14, 2012

Words and Images: Class Review

I must say, I was really excited, and very nervous, to start Words and Images this semester, but I wouldn't take it back for the world. I not only was able to learn more about myself as a designer, I also learned about my writing.

I found that I HATE product packaging!! That was my least favorite project. I also found that I really enjoy layout. I should have known that since I want to create a magazine, but this class really helped me figure that out. I also want to learn so much more about what the software can do. I am in awe of the quality of work that my classmates put out, and I look forward to being able to illustrate as well as them. I will spend the next few weeks illustrating in my free time, and hope that one day I will be as fluent in Adobe as I can be.

As far as my writing, I have learned to take "there are" out of every sentence if I can. I'm sorry, I MUST take "there are" out of every sentence. While it is frustrating to constantly see comments on how I need to take if out, I can only imagine how frustrating it was for Stephanie to have to read all of that!

I really enjoyed this class. To all of my classmates, I really enjoyed your comments, your input, and your ability to make 6 hours on a Saturday fly by for 15 weeks. The amount of talent in our class was rediculous, and I look forward to seeing big things from everyone.

I look forward to using the skills I learned in this class to do great things, and I must stop stunting my creativity because I think someone else won't like it. I am only hurting myself when I do that.

My only regret was not taking a picture of our beautiful fish project at mid-term.

No comments:

Post a Comment